Have you read the International bestseller, The Alienist? A novel of historical suspense fiction, it tells the story of an alienist (the 19th century term for psychologist) hunting a vicious serial killer in 1896 New York. "Fast-paced & riveting, infused with historical detail, The Alienist conjures up Gilded Age New York with its tenements & mansions, corrupt cops & flamboyant gangsters, shining opera houses & seamy gin mills."
The enthralling story was just turned into a creepy good TV series premiering in the US starring Daniel Brühl (Rush), Luke Evans (The Girl on the Train) & Dakota Fanning (American Pastoral).
Recently, I was lucky enough to see some of the gorgeous period costumes from the show lined up near copies of the book. Remembering how much I loved the novel inspired me to get the book & create another bookish giveaway!
How to Win
Just do what many of you are already doing—create new bookish posts & comment on the posts of others in our Facebook group. (The bookish posts/comments can be on any bookish topic, not just international ones.) The winner of this thrilling novel will be the overall top contributor in the next 30 days!
1. We believe in global reading so wherever you are in the world, you're eligible to win!
2. No spamming the group to win:
- No excessive amount of new posts in a single day.
- No excessive amount of comments which don't add to the conversation & are obviously just posted to add to your count (e.g., lots of one or two word answers).
- Outside of the promo thread Beth/Mia create every 1-2 months, no self promotion posts or comments (e.g., link to your blog or your bookstagram, info about the book your sister is publishing, etc.).
This giveaway is meant as a reward for being a valuable contributor to the book club, not for being a spammer. If we see you spamming the group, we'll give you a warning. If the behavior continues, you'll no longer be eligible to win & we'll put you in a temporary timeout using the Facebook "mute" feature for groups which will prevent you from posting or commenting. A further disregard for the rules will get you kicked out of the group.