With our book club growing, we're adjusting how we compile the monthly book list. We'll now create a list of 6 books per month as follows:
- I will suggest 2 books
- Mia will suggest 2 books
- We'll use 2 suggestions from members*
(This list is later voted on by members & the most popular book becomes the book we'll then read.)
- If more than 2 books are suggested, the entire list of suggestions will be entered into a lottery with 2 randomly chosen.
- If fewer than 2 books are suggested, than Mia/I will add to the list to ensure a total of 6 books is compiled.
- If more than 1 suggestion is provided by a single member, Mia & I will choose the book we feel will work best for the book club.
With all of this in mind, we'd love to hear book suggestions from you. Just let us know by Wed., June 14 11:59PM US ET. Also, please note we're specific in the books we read, they must:
- Largely occur in the country specified unless the world described is an alternate universe
- Be written by an author born there who has spent a good portion of their life there
- Exist in paperback & ebook available on both Amazon & Kindle at least in the US & hopefully elsewhere
But what country will we be reading?
We'll be adventuring to a place we haven't been before as a club: Central America. Known for its volcanoes, ancient Mayan ruins, coffee & crazy bus rides, we'll be reading Guatemala!