I've offered 12 reasons you'll love an eReader/Kindle, but below are 13 more which are bound to convince you if haven't yet made up your mind.
1. Book reviews & suggestions available from your device. No need to look them up separately.
2. More comfortable to hold in your hand than a book.
3. You can loan eBooks out on many eReaders.
4. No lugging around heavy books. Store hundreds on your eReader.
5. It's one click to add your book to Goodreads.
6. The Kindle & many other eReaders recognize how fast you are reading so at a glance you can understand how long it will take you to finish a chapter or the book.
7. Depending upon the eReader, you can save special pages throughout the book, make notes & highlight passages...& export these as a simple file for book club. If you ever re-read a book, everything remains available.
8. Some eReaders have a glare-free screen & automatically adjust your screen brightness to your current light condition so your eReader can go from full sunlight to dusk to nighttime with the screen showing the correct brightness for your eyes automatically.
9. With a Kindle & many other eReaders, words you look up in the dictionary are automatically added to a Vocabulary Builder which you can review to reinforce retention.
10. Your eReader will automatically save your place in the book.
11. Many eReaders also have apps which allow you to pick up where you left off on your eReader & snatch a few minutes of reading on your phone.
12. With some eReaders, you can lookup word definitions, characters, settings, footnotes & many translations without losing your place in the book.
13. Less clutter around your home. No more books stuffed everywhere or boxes hidden away. Keep only a smattering of special books on your bookshelf & coffee table.
I went from an eBook hater to a huge proponent. Try out an eReader & I'm sure you'll become an instant convert too.
Final note: I cherish my current Kindle Voyager & I loved my previous Kindle Paperwhite. Don't be snookered into the expensive Kindle Oasis. The Paperwhite? Delightful. The Voyage? A bit nicer, but pricier.