So which book are we reading in August? Click here to find out.
Before 1980, Zimbabwe was alternately known as Southern Rhodesia, Rhodesia & Zimbabwe Rhodesia before becoming the Republic of Zimbabwe as it's known today (after the historical stone structures called "Great Zimbabwe", the largest in Africa after the pyramids of Egypt). And this flag was adopted.
- The red stripes represent the blood shed for independence.
- The yellow stripes represent the country's mineral wealth.
- The green stripes symbolize Zimbabwe's agriculture & land.
- The black stripe represents the African people.
- The bird is a national symbol & represents a soapstone statuette of the bird found at the Great Zimbabwe archaeological site.
- The red star behind the bird represents socialism.
- The white triangle behind the red star stands for peace.
I recently happened upon the most magical piece of tech—a FREE browser extension that checks to see whether a book you are perusing online is available via your library as a hard copy or an ebook. And it works for multiple libraries at one time in case you have borrowing privileges at more than one library!
You simply install the extension on your browser & select your library (or libraries) from a list which includes the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK & others. Anytime thereafter that you view a book (e.g., on Amazon, Goodreads, Audible, Barnes & Noble, etc.), the extension will show you whether your library has it in their collection & whether it’s available! With a touch of a button, you can then snag the book from your library.